How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it helped. I'm the same way, especially with truck-related projects. If I don't get clear pictures, its going to be a tough day.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just a heads up, some states have a law stating you can only have 4 forward facing lights on at a time. So just a heads up. Here in Texas thats the case.

ryan04z71

Reaction score
ok, pretty sure I've got my head wrapped around all this.
i would like my lows, fogs and DRL to kick on when my highs are on, and all still function as factory when my highs are off. so I would need to run 3 diodes
bottom right of high relay to bottom right of low relay
bottom right of high relay to top left of fog relay and
bottom right of high relay to (??which prong for the DRL relay??)
and that would get me what I'm wanting, correct?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completed this mod today. Quite easy with the guide tyvm. Cost, 1.99 @ radioshack

Can't wait to do 8HI with BiXenon HID retro in the lows...

Throws a good amount of light now.

LED "Fogs"/lows+fogs/6HI

IMAG0027-MOTION.gif

6HI

IMAG0023.jpg

Last edited:

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Well i did this mod with a small difference, i didn't want the 6 high mod, since it MAY be technically illegal for all 6 to be on (it's debatable some states, some def not legal). i put diodes from the highs and lows to the fogs, so the fogs come on automatically if EITHER the highs or lows or on. i can still turn the fogs on with just parking lights by pushing the button, and they come on anytime any headlights are on. obviously i can't turn them off with highs or lows, that's what i wanted. just tired of pushing the button lol. btw i also used the 3A 50V diodes from Radio Shack for $1.99

Last edited:

MinnYukon

Reaction score
Did the 4 high mod on my 04 Yukon SLT and love it. Ordered the diodes off EBay. I have Kensun 6000k HID lows and halogen highs. I do a lot of rural driving and it was a problem when switching from highs back to my lows. It's dangerous driving driving while waiting for the HID's to warm back up after switching down from highs.

ArmedArtist

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too just completed this mod. Buck 99 at Radio Shack (that place has turned into a crap hole)
I did the 6 high. I am rocking all stock bulbs right now. Will upgrade over time.

Super easy install.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I too just completed this mod. Buck 99 at Radio Shack (that place has turned into a crap hole)
I did the 6 high. I am rocking all stock bulbs right now. Will upgrade over time.

Super easy install.

Radio Shack lol. surprised i could get the diodes there still. but if you wanna pay triple for any kind of cell phone cord, that's the place to be...

ArmedArtist

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As I sit and relax in the AC (its hot in San Diego today!) I can't help but wonder who the hell figured this mod out?? Someone that works for GM? Who figured out what diode and where to put it??
Its like car magic!