How to disable hansdfeee lift gate sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTVP

Reaction score
I have a MY 17 Esky Premium and have never experienced this to date. Maybe my feet are too small size(10), or they made an update .

Darkhawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do all the power liftgates come with this? I've just got one and have been opening it with the manual button this whole weekend.

Also how do you guys turn off the power liftgate? I wouldn't mind being able to use it the old fashioned way when needed.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Can you just put duct tape over the sensor? I have no idea how these work, but would just simply blinding the sensor work?

pfennig_san

Reaction score
Can you just put duct tape over the sensor? I have no idea how these work, but would just simply blinding the sensor work?
Its not an optical sensor. There is no hole to cover up with tape. I think its probably sonar because parking sensors usually use sonar tech.

pfennig_san

Reaction score
Do all the power liftgates come with this? I've just got one and have been opening it with the manual button this whole weekend.

Also how do you guys turn off the power liftgate? I wouldn't mind being able to use it the old fashioned way when needed.
There is a switch on the overhead console to turn it off -- but that turns off ALL power liftgate functions, not just the hands free function.

pfennig_san

Reaction score
yep, mine's turned off too. It's a pain for the wife who now has to manually open/close the liftgate.

I did find some CVN/part numbers for various calibration Not sure if my dealer will know what I'm talkign about though or if these are new or whatever.

Found them here: https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/

These a are for Controller K39 Liftgate control Module
Part Number 84100439 - CVN 0000BF4D - Description: New calibration to prevent unwanted liftgate activation.
Part Number 23248777 - CVN 00006CB6 - Description: New calibration to improve Hands Free performance.
Part Number 23171818 - CVN 00007290 - Description: Hands Free Vehicle Access
Did you get anywhere with your dealer on this issue?

Darkhawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a switch on the overhead console to turn it off -- but that turns off ALL power liftgate functions, not just the hands free function.

So all power liftgates have this auto function? I have not been able to get mine to go off.

pfennig_san

Reaction score
So all power liftgates have this auto function? I have not been able to get mine to go off.
I don't know how to tell if you have the handsfree liftgate function. Mine can open with a center console switch, key fob, or the hands free. It also closes with a button on the tailgate. You can't turn these functions on and off individually, its all or nothing.

Darkhawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know how to tell if you have the handsfree liftgate function. Mine can open with a center console switch, key fob, or the hands free. It also closes with a button on the tailgate. You can't turn these functions on and off individually, its all or nothing.

I guess I need to go out and try the kicking around like a ninja lol I've used the key fob, the button on the handle and the upper console button (can't believe I didn't notice it saying "OFF")

LA Rodz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Turning it off from inside turns it into a manual only lift gate.

at 6'3" i get hit every time i load groceries.

was hoping someone would know where to put the tape to blind the sensor.

Usefulness = 1 time Hit in head >20 times