How to disable hansdfeee lift gate sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denada

Reaction score
1) Leave your key somewhere else

or

2) Paint your shoes with radar absorbing material

;)

pfennig_san

Reaction score
Love my 2016 Tahoe but I joined the forum to see if there was an update on this issue. The power lift gate is super convenient in general, but I've had the lift gate close on me a few times. I am not moving my feet when it happens, just standing there loading/unloading groceries or something. I do wear size 11.5 shoes..

I'd love to disconnect or disable the sensor under the bumper someway if it didn't disable the rest of the power lift gate functionality.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is na update for this its actually tagged with "New calibration to improve Hands Free performance" You'd have to go to a dealer...

pfennig_san

Reaction score
Did you say there is "no" update for this or "new" update for this ? Thanks either way!

jcgvt01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does this update allow you to disable the handfree lift gate feature or does it "fix" the problem of it closing on you when just shuffling your feet a bit ?

Any specific TSB number of anything I can tell the dealer to look up?

Last edited:

pfennig_san

Reaction score
Bob Steele Chevy in Cocoa Beach has never heard of an update to ""New calibration to improve Hands Free performance" or anything else you can do to disable the under bumper sensor. It closed on me loading groceries last weekend so I have power liftgate turned off until I can do something about it.

jcgvt01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yep, mine's turned off too. It's a pain for the wife who now has to manually open/close the liftgate.

I did find some CVN/part numbers for various calibration Not sure if my dealer will know what I'm talkign about though or if these are new or whatever.

Found them here: https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/

These a are for Controller K39 Liftgate control Module
Part Number 84100439 - CVN 0000BF4D - Description: New calibration to prevent unwanted liftgate activation.
Part Number 23248777 - CVN 00006CB6 - Description: New calibration to improve Hands Free performance.
Part Number 23171818 - CVN 00007290 - Description: Hands Free Vehicle Access

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons