How To - disable auto headlights Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Swt5.3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is an easy way to disable the auto headlights on Any 01-02(Includes Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Denali, Denali XL Truck) so it won’t blow out your hid bulbs and ballasts.

Cause: I have gone through a set of hid already that is why I’m doing this mod!
Hope it helps, enjoy your Mod guys and be safe!

First of all you will need one 1.5kOhm resistor From Radio Shack.

Disconnect your Vehicle battery both – and + terminals.

Remove lower dash cover panel from driver foot.

Locate the BCM” Body Control Module”

There are three connectors plug into the BCM, disconnect the connector all the way to the right which is “purple”

Locate slot 3 and 5 from left to right: white, and gray
Be careful there are 2 grays

Cut them separate from the harness and tap them with a resistor

Tape up the other end of the harness so it won’t short out.

Plug it back in reinstall everything removed.

To test it start the hoe up with the parking brake on release the handle, if the lights doesn’t come on (((By Pass))) is now completed!

If you need help or question please pm me !

1--lowercover.jpg

2---Discon.jpg

3---Conector.jpg

5---Tap.jpg

6--Plug.jpg

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey quick right up man.. wish i could do this mod but i have heard that the state of oklahoma is tryin to mandate a law to where every vehicle in motion down the road is goin to have have their lights on.... guess all that fog the we have been having lately has been causing alot of wrecks..... gotta love the idiots that dont know how to use their lights for ruining this one for me

Bailey-Hoe!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey quick right up man.. wish i could do this mod but i have heard that the state of oklahoma is tryin to mandate a law to where every vehicle in motion down the road is goin to have have their lights on.... guess all that fog the we have been having lately has been causing alot of wrecks..... gotta love the idiots that dont know how to use their lights for ruining this one for me

perhaps but it would be better for you to just turn them on manually rather than having them flash when you crank over the engine. Any chance of this working on an 04?.

OP
OP
1Swt5.3

1Swt5.3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
04 or newer I believe it has an auto switch to turn it manually. It would still has DRL " Day time Running lights "

LordGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One real quick question .. I have a 2002 Tahoe in which I will soon be doing this mod to for my new set of HID's from DDM .. question I have, does doing this mod effect the DRL's at all ?