How to clean up around moldings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amanda4461

Reaction score
I finally got around to washing and waxing my 2010 Tahoe 4wd. While I take care of the mechanicals, I have sorely neglected the paint and trim. After two washes, I decided to apply some Mother's Paste Wax. It turned out better than expected, and I even did the roof for the first time since it was a year old. Unfortunately, the lower trim moldings on the 4 doors seem to have a small layer of "black sludge" that rides along the bottom of the trim moldings and doesn't seem to be easily removed. I assume it is Texas Asphalt Road Rash:(
I have tried washing, using wheel degreaser, WD-40 and even went so far as to break out my rifle bore cleaner, good old Hoppe's #9, to no effect. Any idea of an effective way to remove what looks like small particles of grit from below the trim moldings on my Black LTZ?
Thanks!

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If WD 40 and Hoppe's #9 didn't get it, it probably will not come off without abrasives.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also agree with above but... try a claybar with light soapy water, other then those options you can always just take the side mouldings off :p

OP
OP
A

Amanda4461

Reaction score
FOSSCORE gave me a tip that worked out well. I used some WD-40 on a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Worked with enough elbow-grease :buffer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods