How To: Borla 140193 complete exhaust upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never knew you truck was so NICE you should def change your sig to see your rear end with the tips

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, i dont really notice it. It is a little loud at lower speeds, but i havent driven past 55 mph yet so i dont know about highway. I feel like its quieter than my magnaflow which is nice. I will post up sound clips later today.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Sound clips yet?

Okay so on your Magnaflow you had what model number?

Also, you had the resonator on with the Magnaflow?

And yet the new Borla is quieter? That seems different from what one would expect.

You have any clips of the old Magnaflow on there? What did it sound like with the resonator on?

Also, with the old setup could you hear the V4 AFM kick in? And did it drone?

That's all the questions for now. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Sorry for not responding, i must not have had it subscribed. Let me check into the questions you asked and i will post up tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
ok so sorry for the delay, I thought I had made videos but couldnt remember where I posted them. Here is the videos of before and after

Before:
http://youtu.be/3qoOeqsczy4

After:
http://youtu.be/rHp25-YL54M

The magnaflow was a 12589 model.
I did have the resonator on when the the magnaflow was on. To me, the borla is quieter, the magnaflow just seemed deeper and more of a throatier rumble.

I dont really here the drone on the highway even when going fast. I was doing 95 yesterday because I was late to an appointment and I didnt even notice any drone. IMO I don't think its bad at all. The only time it gets loud is when you really put the pedal down.

I hope that helps. I still have the resonator and magnaflow stored away if you are interested.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it supposed to sound like that?:)

LOL....She's cute.

Thanks for the videos. I think you were disappointed in the sound and wished it was louder, am I correct?

I agree with you the Borla is quieter. I am surprised.

What was the part number for the Borla By the way?

Thanks for the effort and help.......Lee.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Yeah I was expecting it to be a bit louder, but overall im very happy with it. The borla model is 140193.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere when I was researching exhausts, that the Borlas get louder as they get "broken in".

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True. However the post had to do with the difference in the packing material they use in the Borlas. I want to say that the final "broken in" product was dramatically different from brand new

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm interesting Borla is a VERY different exhaust then any other