How To: Borla 140193 complete exhaust upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So I put in my exhaust today and heres a little how to for everyone who might need it. Please feel free to add if I missed anything and let me know how I did!

List of tools needed:
3/8 wrench
3" extension or larger
15mm deep socket
Jack stands or something comparable
Some type of jack
WD40 or grease
Muffler stand or a helper
Reciprocating saw or something similar

Put on your e-brake please and raise your vehicle.

Unscrew the two screws pictured here. They were on a little tight for me so I used a torch to heat them up and loosen them. Be careful as one of mine busted completely off.
WP5w8.jpg

Place the muffler stand in place. Then loosen all of the barbs that hold the muffler and pipe in place. There should be 5. I used the WD40 on them and it helped a lot in getting them off. They look like this:
BZ6Nb.jpg

Once you get that done, use the reciprocating saw and cut the pipe so you can remove the complete system. I cut mine right before the resonator, but do whatever works for you.
9pdvk.jpg

Then take the new pipe and screw the two bolts back on:
wQJmv.jpg

Now I had to lower the spare tire in order to get the pipe in place. Once I did that I took the bent pipe with the tips and took the barbs and secured them back in the rubber grommets.
2lxpq.jpg

I then took the clamps that came with the kit and put them on the pipes first. Then I put the muffler on.
uYfgs.jpg
pyKOK.jpg

Tighten the clamps. Don't tighten them too tight otherwise the pipe might oval and create leaks. Go back and check everything and make sure it is secure and the bolts are tightened. Put the spare tire back in place.

Here is the final outcome, from this:
eJY8j.jpg
EPPVk.jpg
To this:
FQVim.jpg
PZkwu.jpg
Now like I said, this was just they way I did things and you may need to do things differently depending on your situation.

I hope this helps anyone who might need it and let me know how I did!

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

I will adjust the size of the pics just give me a few.

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice instructions w/ pics, which help 100x better than words.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks really good! Love the tips!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nicely done!!

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Heres the real question. What the hell do I do about the broken off bolt....fml...
Do I really have to replace that pipe?
This may sound dumb bout how do I upload the videos of the sound? Is there a website? I use imgur for the pics but not sure about videos.

Last edited:

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you drill out the bolt on the flange and then just use a regular bolt on that side?

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Burb, is it possible to make this a stickie? I looked around for a general exhaust how-to and couldn't find one. Thats why i made this. Thanks everyone btw!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Honestly, i dont really notice it. It is a little loud at lower speeds, but i havent driven past 55 mph yet so i dont know about highway. I feel like its quieter than my magnaflow which is nice. I will post up sound clips later today.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu