How to add Cooling Function to Seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver seat developing a rip, the back part of it doesnt completely close and only the back part of the seating works. Butt part turns off after 30 seconds or so. I say all this because down the road, instead of repairing these things, might just try to replace/add the cooling feature that the LTZ and Denali/Escalades have. What would be needed to do this? I'm thinking the buttons on the door card along with the seat and a module I assume? Just curious how much work to add cooling to see if its worth the project, especially if your seat is missing tons of features or in bad shape.

riverracerxxx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My driver seat developing a rip, the back part of it doesnt completely close and only the back part of the seating works. Butt part turns off after 30 seconds or so. I say all this because down the road, instead of repairing these things, might just try to replace/add the cooling feature that the LTZ and Denali/Escalades have. What would be needed to do this? I'm thinking the buttons on the door card along with the seat and a module I assume? Just curious how much work to add cooling to see if its worth the project, especially if your seat is missing tons of features or in bad shape.

I’m curious about this too. I have non heated leather bucket seats in front and am interested is swapping in heated cooled seats. I would have to add the button panel to the door, but I’m wondering if the wiring is already in the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094