How To: 99-02 Hi 6 with Diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wave_crusher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, I just had to join up to post in this thread because this How-To rocks, just did it on my 1999 GMC Sierra 1500

Just did it today, 4hi mod worked great, simple wire for the drivers headlight, works great so far.

I have been having an issue getting my fog lights working, new switch, relay, and fuses didn't help. So I couldn't figure it out. Decided to just bypass most wiring issues and possible BCM issues and do the 6hi mod. I used a 1N4001 diode (had them leftover from a different project). The mod worked, at first, then I went to move my truck and the fogs didn't work again. Looked at the fuse block and saw that the tape wrapped around the diode was melted a bit, so the diode burnt out.

Did I use too small of a diode, or is there something else wrong?

Also, had to amend the how-to. It said that the headlight realy needed to go to the top right port (86), but that is 85 for my truck. 86 is the bottom left. Tried 86 first, then went to 85 and everything worked. So I left it with that.

Also noticed that the led indicator on my fog light switch came on (saying the fogs were on) with the 6hi mod. So it seems like the swtich isn't getting power or something? Any thoughts on the fog issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr

Latest posts