How many of you guys are cammed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started gathering parts for DOD delete and it has gotten a little out of hand, lol. Going to try and get everything going in the next couple of weeks, most of the work i dont mind doing it's little things like measuring for correct pushrods, setting valve lash, timing cam etc i dont like want to be responsible for. I may send it out to machine shop for assembly.

Parts are starting to pile up:
TSP 218/228, .600/.600 113lca VVT cam with comp cam limiter
PAC 1219x springs
ls3 hollow valves
most of the delete kit is from WS6store - lifters, gaskets, trays, orings.
head stud kit - cheaper kit sold by jegs. couldnt swallow that $300 price on the arps, also cheap stainless header stud kit
speed engineering 1-7/8 long tubes with ypipe...again i'm cheap lol if they suck i'll worry about something nicer
circle d 3000 converter, trucool 40k, trans flush/filter

and this is all for an engine GM just replaced under warranty, with about 7k miles :eek:

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard randeez, you joined the right forum. Bunch of great guys with a wealth of info.

I'm with you about all the smaller stuff involved with the install, pushrod length, valve lash, timing, etc,,,,

I wouldn't consider anything "cheap" per say more budget friendly :) . Cheap just sounds, cheap hahaha. Speed Engineering has a ton of options at a very reasonable price. You really cant beat it.

7k miles, wow that's crazy. You'd think they would've done this to prevent any further problems down the road.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes of course budget friendly!

I would have loved for them to ask if i wanted it deleted before they ever installed the new engine... i feel a little guilty about ripping it right back out and doing it. I also asked if they'd sell me back the core they took out lol but no luck.