How many of you guys are cammed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other than a degree wheel and a cam installation tool. just basic hand tools. ive seen many done without the cam tool.
and if you arent advancing or retarding the cam. not sure if you even need the degree wheel. im sure there are others who can chime in who have done it more recently. im sure the principals are the same, but my info is all 20+ years out of date.

Drewskiii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im running a tsp 224r cam with dual springs,tru union kit with dod/afm, vvt delete, and long tube headers, blackbear traditional tune at the moment.. runs good but will surely needs a tune on dyno to maximize potential, and stall soon..

sfc_jones

Reaction score
This is the cam I am going with
Texas Speed Low lift stage 2 212/218 550" 112 LSA 111 ICL

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other than a degree wheel and a cam installation tool. just basic hand tools. ive seen many done without the cam tool.
and if you arent advancing or retarding the cam. not sure if you even need the degree wheel. im sure there are others who can chime in who have done it more recently. im sure the principals are the same, but my info is all 20+ years out of date.

This would be pull out old and install new. If that's even possible haha.
I'll probably grab whatever it takes to get it done right the first time, even if I don't use it.

Im running a tsp 224r cam with dual springs,tru union kit with dod/afm, vvt delete, and long tube headers, blackbear traditional tune at the moment.. runs good but will surely needs a tune on dyno to maximize potential, and stall soon..

Did you buy a kit or piece it together?
I'm getting a trunion kit this week.
What stall are you going with?

This is the cam I am going with
Texas Speed Low lift stage 2 212/218 550" 112 LSA 111 ICL

I'll check that out.
How did you end up with this one for your pick?

Drewskiii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
992dr - i ordered the kit onetime from dod,vvt delete,oil pump and timing chains to cam package all the way to the traditional blackbear tune for pcm and tcm.. ill be going with a probably either a circle d 3200 stall or the yank tsp 3000 stall, saving on that part right now.. lol

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.trickflow.com/parts/tfs-k305-455-425
Look no further. Trick Flow always makes good stuff.

I will agree with you, Trick Flow makes some great products. But, for the price of that kit ( or a little more) I could get a 6.0 short block and with my 243 heads make more power.
In all honesty, this is what's holding me back. The cost factor to do the DOD delete or just swap in a 6.0.

992dr - i ordered the kit onetime from dod,vvt delete,oil pump and timing chains to cam package all the way to the traditional blackbear tune for pcm and tcm.. ill be going with a probably either a circle d 3200 stall or the yank tsp 3000 stall, saving on that part right now.. lol

I have a new oil pump coming and timing chain assembly to. Which ones did you get?
Man, I loved my Yank 3200 in my 2dr, made a world of a difference but, that also had a built trans and was about 1000lbs less.

This is my list of parts and some are on order.
Roll Master CS1190 timing chain set
Melling Performance high volume oil pump
Engine Pro trunion kit
ARP 234-4317 head studs.
Looking at valve train upgrades, still not sure what to get.
80E swap :)

I know its more than likely overkill but, incase my 5.3 does not last then I can get a short block and swap everything over and still have a nice reliable set up. Trying to justify doing all of this to my 5.3 or just investing a short block from TMS
My motor has 210k miles right now, I'm sure it'll last for another 100k though.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Vinci Trucker Cam, trunion upgrade kit, dual valve springs, hardened pushrods, Melling oil pump and various other goodies just waiting to be installed in my NBS as soon as I get up the courage to do it myself or the money to have someone else do it.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, I hear ya Red. I've been putting it off for a while to.
My last experience with a reputable shop cost me more than I would like to admit. SOOOO, I'll be doing this on my own, well I'll have someone along for the ride to help me if I run into any problems :)

sfc_jones

Reaction score
This would be pull out old and install new. If that's even possible haha.
I'll probably grab whatever it takes to get it done right the first time, even if I don't use it.

Did you buy a kit or piece it together?
I'm getting a trunion kit this week.
What stall are you going with?

I'll check that out.
How did you end up with this one for your pick?
When I called and and told the what I was wanting they suggested it. I wanted to keep everything stock without changing the torque converter. My son suggest that I need to put long tube headers on it because when it gets tuned they will have to deal with the catalytic converters heating up...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne