How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This model, as big as a leap as it was, was surely impacted by their bankruptcy and subsequent govt bailout.

I think they’re onto the 2020 at this point.

Let’s all hope it irons out these gremlins and is a big jump ahead of the expy.
I'd be happy with any manufacturer just getting something right! It's not like we haven't been manufacturing vehicles for over 100 yrs....

I bought 3 brand new Fords. All 3 had to be painted within the 1st year. Got fed up with the bullcrap, bought a 2005 Esky to dump the 2012 Flex. Loved it so much that I bought my 2015 Tahoe. 8-9 recalls later, failed AC...I'm still driving a late model Chevy. I wouldn't mind trying a Dodge. But they don't make anything big enough for us. The Hemi Durango looks like fun though...ton of fun lol

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This model, as big as a leap as it was, was surely impacted by their bankruptcy and subsequent govt bailout.

I think they’re onto the 2020 at this point.
This is what I always say to myself. I had an 08,09, 12 and 13 Tahoe/suburban and they felt much better to drive. This gen is not as good IMO and it’s plagued with platform issues.

This gen feels like it handles worse, has even worse throttle response, less refined 6 speed (how’s this possible?), and it rides worse.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I always say to myself. I had an 08,09, 12 and 13 Tahoe/suburban and they felt much better to drive. This gen is not as good IMO and it’s plagued with platform issues.

This gen feels like it handles worse, has even worse throttle response, less refined 6 speed (how’s this possible?), and it rides worse.

Which model/year do you have?

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy with any manufacturer just getting something right! It's not like we haven't been manufacturing vehicles for over 100 yrs....

I bought 3 brand new Fords. All 3 had to be painted within the 1st year. Got fed up with the bullcrap, bought a 2005 Esky to dump the 2012 Flex. Loved it so much that I bought my 2015 Tahoe. 8-9 recalls later, failed AC...I'm still driving a late model Chevy. I wouldn't mind trying a Dodge. But they don't make anything big enough for us. The Hemi Durango looks like fun though...ton of fun lol

Are you having issues with your 17 burb?

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My comment was more directed to my old 2015 Tahoe. 8-9 recalls, took Chevy almost 2yrs to fix the Disco lights, AC failure, the shifting/clicking drivers seat that I had to repair myself, the radio that would brick after 4-5hrs of driving and kill every single noise/light in the cabin...until you unplugged the battery (that took 8 updates to fix)

Are you having issues with your 17 burb?
me have issues? not necessarily. But I know why the prior owner turned it in.

1. OnStar module failed, killed the navigation and compass
2. Rear Auto-Open hatch mechanism failed. We had to force open/shut
3. mismatched crap tires (ie needed new ones)

At 40,000 miles it was out of Warranty and I guess the guy didn't want to pay for repairs out of pocket. I had the Dealership repair all issues and I kept the brand new tires from my 2015 Tahoe. Rims/Tires swapped right over and TPMS retrained easily.

Excellent so far. And it's service history doesn't have any indicators of prior issues.

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to even think about or consider the 20/21 units, I feel like I am going to want to be buried after my death in the one I have now...the next ones are going to cost $120k for a loaded model...sheesh, hard to believe there is a next gen in the works and probably already being set up for production when it feel like they just finally corrected some of the Gremlins in the current model.
I will say this, I honestly think the GMC versions over the Chevy are better quality, I know they are technically the same exact trucks, but I think there is a better fit and finish of the GMC models over the Chevy models. You guys will probably laugh at me, but that is just my 02! :)

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my '15 Denali and smooth as silk with no wind noise or vibration. Fingers crossed, but so far so good with 16k miles on the odometer.

Sweet.

Make sure to wring it out on the highway. 80mph+. If there is any vibration at all it will show up there.

bsch3001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went on our first extended highway trip in our '18 shorty Yukon w/factory 22's. Didn't experience any issues, top speed we went was just over 80.