How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfingbuddhist

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! Just joined here. Traded my 2010 Raptor for 2015 Tahoe LT 4WD CPO. Needed a car to accommodate our first child and 2 rottweilers at the same time, as well as pull the boat. I guess I am lucky that I'm not experiencing any of the buffeting or vibrating that others are.

Reaction score
2015 Suburban - rented it for a week. No issues
2015 Denali XL with 22s - I've had it for 2 months - no issues. It was a single owner with 30k miles - I doubt he would have kept it.
2017 Suburban LTZ w 20s - parents truck. They've had it for a year - no issues.
2017 Suburban LT w 20s - brothers truck. He's had it for a month - no issues.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a dino 2015 shorty Yukon I bought in 2014 that was perfect. Traded off in May 16 with 30k on it.

2016 Yukon XL with 11K on it now that is perfect as well.

Both had OE 22s

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2017 Tahoe 2wd with the all season package (20in wheels and 3.42 rear end) and have zero vibrations or buffeting. It rides smooth as can be. I did have the dealer replace the factory continentals with Michelin defender ltx m/s in a larger size before I took delivery though. It has a 1.5in front leveling kit also

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears that this buffeting and vibration problem might not be unique to the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Yukon XL product line. A friend of mine said he has the buffeting problem in his 13 Ford Escape from time to time.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears that this buffeting and vibration problem might not be unique to the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Yukon XL product line. A friend of mine said he has the buffeting problem in his 13 Ford Escape from time to time.

Agreed. I've ridden in two new hard top wranglers this year that had it very bad, neither had aggressive tires.

hunter991

Reaction score
2017 Tahoe Premier, no vibration, but do have some buffeting if the rear window is open and the fronts are closed. But i also had this on my 2010 Sequioa, and currently have it bad on a nissan murano. Goes away immediately if i open or crack the front window.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 Tahoe Premier, no vibration, but do have some buffeting if the rear window is open and the fronts are closed. But i also had this on my 2010 Sequioa, and currently have it bad on a nissan murano. Goes away immediately if i open or crack the front window.

This is pretty much typical with any modern car today. The buffeting issue with these trucks occurs when all windows are closed and at different speeds. It's somewhat of a sound but is more less a sensation / pressure feeling...like when changing elevations quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442