How many miles you guys got on the odometer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you send it to Blackstone, do they take into consideration the oil that you use? I use Quaker State Defy which has an elevated zinc level compared to most oil's that do not. Just wondering if they would take that into consideration? Do they ask you for your oil that you typically use?

Yes they do. I used to use Castrol High Mileage and they would always mention the sodium being a little high (usually an indication of coolant in the oil/head gasket problem) but they said it was actually an ingredient in the high mileage stuff. I guess it acted as a detergent or something. Anyways, since I switched to mobil 1 synthetic the sodium levels dropped right off and they said that was to be expected since I switched.

Nealboortz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 2001 Tahoe 5.3L with 95k miles...so far I've replaced the coils, fuel injectors, plugs, wires, synthetic oil change, drained all fluids except for the rear differential. All interior/exterior lights have been swapped out to LED, new black wheels with 33'' Mickey Thompson MTZ's...K&N cold air intake etc.

The Tahoe is running just as good as my other brand new truck, hopefully I'll get another 10-15 years out of it
*Question.....What brand and Where did you pick up your LED interior lights ? Im considering doing that....i've put 250,000 on my 2001 Yukon XL and loved it. About ready to repaint her and redo interior carpeting : ) Can't see dropping 60+ on a New one, jus sayn.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Question.....What brand and Where did you pick up your LED interior lights ? Im considering doing that....i've put 250,000 on my 2001 Yukon XL and loved it. About ready to repaint her and redo interior carpeting : ) Can't see dropping 60+ on a New one, jus sayn.

I bought everything from super bright led's

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs

I bought black molded interior carpet from stock interiors

Auto Carpet for Car, Truck, Van - Stock Interiors

central4runner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
190,*** on my 03 and the trans quit on it he other day, sounds like tin cans in a blender if you put it in reverse but drove forward on my trailer just fine. I talked to the pervious owner (the only other owner) after it happen and he said it had never been serviced or anything. So I thought it lasted a long time and it is also lifted and on 35's since it rolled off the dealership lot brand new. The only other issue I have had is the intake manifold gasket.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04 Tahoe at around 156,000. Never put many miles on it since I have a take home work vehicle now. Kind of depressing really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods