How many miles you guys got on the odometer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Ok so I just bought a Yukon that has 165k on it and it runs great! Just curious how many miles you guys have on your trucks and how strong the motors still are....mostly concerned about the 5.3L motor cause that's what I have.
180k on mine, purchased with 150k

doesn't burn any oil, I run Mobil1 0W20, and a K&N drop in filter, and it runs like a brand new truck.

OP
OP
K

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after more thought I changed my mind and purchased an 04 Yukon XL 2500 6.0L. It has 172k on it right now. The motor doesnt have as much power as i thought it was gonna have, so I think it might have a small issue. Gonna get it on a scanner and see whats up. Either way i'm happy with my purchase.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait...in your first post you said you just bought a Yukon with 165 k on it - how did you return it and buy a different rig?

OP
OP
K

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait...in your first post you said you just bought a Yukon with 165 k on it - how did you return it and buy a different rig?

I put a down payment on that one while I was waiting to get my insurance situated. I have a lot of points on my license and I explained that to the guy I was buying from. He said that if I couldn't get insurance he'd refund my money. So I found this other one in the meantime and I jumped on it.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
167,000 on my 04, 5.3. Only engine issue was the intake manifold gasket leaking. Common issue and not a hard or expensive fix.
It's the transmission on these that you have to worry about. I've had 2 on a well maintained vehicle. Granted I towed quite often but well within the stated vehicles specs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792