How many miles does your vehicle have on it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07 black beauty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All original, AFM still active and all?
Yes, but I am not the original owner, we bought used when our low mile 2004 Tahoe was totaled.
I know engine is original and stock and, trans is original and we just had rebuilt. It does say when
it is in V4 mode on dash. By the way, sharp Tahoe you have.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but I am not the original owner, we bought used when our low mile 2004 Tahoe was totaled.
I know engine is original and stock and, trans is original and we just had rebuilt. It does say when
it is in V4 mode on dash. By the way, sharp Tahoe you have.

Thank you. It's still mostly stock but I have parts and plans. :D

I've had mine since 146K-147K, currently around 182K. I can't say for sure what, if anything has been replaced. I did just have my AFM turned off in hopes that it'll buy me more time.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've had mine since 146K-147K, currently around 182K. I can't say for sure what, if anything has been replaced. I did just have my AFM turned off in hopes that it'll buy me more time.

So, you’re saying you have a mostly stock tahoe with plans and parts, in your garage/shop ready to put on, but yet you haven’t implemented said plans or put said parts on or had the time/chance to do it yet? Did i read that right?........hmmm
;)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you’re saying you have a mostly stock tahoe with plans and parts, in your garage/shop ready to put on, but yet you haven’t implemented said plans or put said parts on or had the time/chance to do it yet? Did i read that right?........hmmm
;)

You did read that correctly. I hassle you simply for the whimsy of the pot-calling-the-kettle-black.

07 black beauty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Do you buy a device to turn off the AFM? do you have to change out valve lifters also? I am still new to this AFM and , would rather not have it.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you buy a device to turn off the AFM? do you have to change out valve lifters also? I am still new to this AFM and , would rather not have it.
You can physically remove the lifters and related parts but tuning it out(turning it off basically) stops it from going into v4 which will buy you time. There is something calked a range device that only does this but you can also go to a local tuner and see what they will charge you to do it.

07 black beauty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can physically remove the lifters and related parts but tuning it out(turning it off basically) stops it from going into v4 which will buy you time. There is something calked a range device that only does this but you can also go to a local tuner and see what they will charge you to do it.
Ok, Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17