How hard to install leveling kit? And prices for everything else

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peytons2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am thinking about adding some of these to my Nitto Trail Grappler MTs (285/65/18) to my 07 Z71 Tahoe. Do you guys think that the best way to not get any rubbing is to go with the CCM 2.5" front/1" rear leveling? If I do go with this, Is it hard to install myself or should I take it down to the shop. I got a quote for around $1k shipped for the 4 tires, then it would be around $130 for leveling kit, and another $100 to put them on and align them at the tire place.Does anyone know the ballpark figure to get the leveling kit installed? Has anyone used Discounttires.com ?

Thank you guys for everything,
Peyton

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score
I have trail grapplers and a CCM leveling kit with little to no rubbing. I put the kit on myself on a few hours and then had the truck aligned after at a tire place. Pretty simple. You will need some tools and such.

OP
OP
P

peytons2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have trail grapplers and a CCM leveling kit with little to no rubbing. I put the kit on myself on a few hours and then had the truck aligned after at a tire place. Pretty simple. You will need some tools and such.

So are you happy overall?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't install but got it installed. It was $130. And I've bought several tires from discount tire and I've been very satisfied with their tire prices.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. The original post asked if anyone used discount tire before. I got the leveling kit installed by a mobile mechanic I found on CL.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about adding some of these to my Nitto Trail Grappler MTs (285/65/18) to my 07 Z71 Tahoe. Do you guys think that the best way to not get any rubbing is to go with the CCM 2.5" front/1" rear leveling? Thank you guys for everything,
Peyton

That is exactly what I have and you will still rub the wheel liner and the bottom front valence cap (full lock and gets worse when fully flexed). It appears the non-Z71s do not rub. Yes this does not make sense for an offroad package...

The red line is what I needed to trim off that piece. Not a big deal.

trim.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali