How do you fold down the second row of seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Horton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all:

The Tahoe I have (1995 Chevy Tahoe 4 door 1500 Series) has the second row of seats in the "40 / 60" configuration and all I was able to fold was the seat bottom of the "40" section by pulling on the "tail grip" which is located on the seat bottom where it meets the seat back. I was not able to figure out how to fold the seat bottom of the "60" section nor how to fold either of the seat backs down.

Do you release a latch somewhere?
Is there an electrical switch you have to activate?

Thank you.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hi all:

The Tahoe I have (1995 Chevy Tahoe 4 door 1500 Series) has the second row of seats in the "40 / 60" configuration and all I was able to fold was the seat bottom of the "40" section by pulling on the "tail grip" which is located on the seat bottom where it meets the seat back. I was not able to figure out how to fold the seat bottom of the "60" section nor how to fold either of the seat backs down.

Do you release a latch somewhere?
Is there an electrical switch you have to activate?

Thank you.

Try moving your front seat forward and then do it, when you flip up the bottom far enough, it automatically releases the seat back so it can fold down. The bottoms should be the same on both sides, just pull up on that little loop strap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972