How do I keep it clean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got my car cleaned yesterday and it was looking great. Had it all shined up and everything. I walk out this morning and it still looked good but when I left work this morning and the sun was hitting it all you could see was dirt and dust. Like I just cleaned it yesterday! Is there anything special I can do? I live in an apartment and theres no real cover spots but cmon really after 1 day!!

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The following is my (somewhat) simple recipe for best overall results in vehicle appearance:

At least twice per year---I like early spring and early fall---do a full paint detail including deep washing, followed by clay bar, followed by thorough rinse, followed by paint correction with DA buffer and a good-quality light compound (such as Meguiar's Ultimate Compound), followed by paint sealant (optional) and finished with good-quality wax (such as Collinite 845, since it's so easy to use and last a long, long, long time).

At least once per month, do a deep wash and follow with a quick detailer spray and quick spray-on wax (again, I like Meguiar's products such as the Ultimate Qwik Detailer and Ultimate Qwik Wax).

At least once per week, do a rinseless wash (I like Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine since it's very easy to use and extremely effective---you mix it in a bucket and you do not need to drag out a hose at all to wash the vehicle).

Take 5-10 minutes daily to do a wipe-down with Meguiar's Ultimate Qwik Detailer spray.

It may sound like a lot, but other than the twice-per-year paint correction procedure, it's very easy to maintain outstanding results.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ this man has it nailed. The daily wipe down can prolong your time between washings if the weather is good. I use almost all the products he mentions. Nice write up @ubervic

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Fosscore !

I used to drive a Pitch Black Challenger, and almost every day a coworker or even a stranger would tell me how good the paint looked. I drive a Gold Mist Tahoe now, so the demands of the color are much, much lower, and I don't do as much as I listed above. But the program works!

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man @ubervic I will definitely have to get all these products ordered to do this. The only problem I have is living in a place that I can't really ever do a deep clean without paying someone to do it. May have to phone a friend to borrow their driveway.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the car duster is the way to go. If the weather holds up around here I dust my truck off twice a day. Once at lunch and once when I get off work. Then on the weekends if i have time I do a quick detail on everything

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this on one of he detailing forums copied from someone else's post.

Thought it would be perfect for this thread.

"I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant.

The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style.

We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready."

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir. Lol

I suffer from the (black) Dark Ming Blue Metallic and (silver) White Diamond Tricoat.

Funny enough the Suburban is easier to wash and dry than the Tahoe.

Complicated OCD formula.
:lol2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts