How can I get a 3/5 drop On my 2dr 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dario

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 99 2dr 2wd tahoe and want to do a 3/5 drop. I'm running 275/40/20 On it that are brand new so would rather not have to buy new tires plus I work on the railroad so go over tracks everyday and skinny tires would get destroyed or tear my wheels up. Up front in was thinking 3" drop coils and 3.5 drop leafs in the rear w a 1" drop shackle. Or possibly 2" lowering control arms with 1" drop coil up front, or even 3" lowering control arm w stock coils up front. I know I have the option of a flip kit in the rear but have only found 4" ones from djm and 5.5 from belltech and I really don't want to notch my frame! What's u guys opinions an a good way to go and would I need anything else? Shock extenders, hangers instead of 1" rear shackle, or what? Any help is greatly appreciated and if anyone can point me in the right direction on where to find what I need that would be great too. Thanks in advance!

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
The rear of the 2 dr tahoe/yukons are tough to drop, you need to do alot of cutting and welding if you want a 5" drop in the back. I lowered a 96 two door tahoe 3" many yrs ago and I did lots of undercariage modifications to get it to work and it road rough after that. What makes it so hard is that those models use leaf springs in the back and there is not much room back there.

OP
OP
D

Dario

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear of the 2 dr tahoe/yukons are tough to drop, you need to do alot of cutting and welding if you want a 5" drop in the back. I lowered a 96 two door tahoe 3" many yrs ago and I did lots of undercariage modifications to get it to work and it road rough after that. What makes it so hard is that those models use leaf springs in the back and there is not much room back there.

That's why I plan on swapping the leafs for belltech 3.5 drop leafs then a 1in drop shackle. I talked to quite a few guys on 2 door Facebook communities who have done it

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
That's why I plan on swapping the leafs for belltech 3.5 drop leafs then a 1in drop shackle. I talked to quite a few guys on 2 door Facebook communities who have done it

It's going to ride rough thrust me, I did exactly what you are wanting to do. Good luck

chipmaker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2" drop springs combined with 2" drop spindle., 3.5" dropped rear spring with 1" shackle. Belltech HW in front, StreetEdge in rear. Rides alright, and I'm 50. KYBS all 4 corners.

maxh15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Newb jumping in - can you add a 1" shackle in the back of these 2 doors? I was looking under mine and the gas tank filler is right close to where the shackle sits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts