How bad is mudding for a tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the south and the thing to do is take your truck through some mud holes. I always wash my truck super well with a pressure washer and make sure to get in all the crevices i can while washing. i wash it immediately after the mud. I know mud wont help her last longer, but how much damage is the mud actually doing?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just clean it and you're fine....watch water in the engine compt especially up by the intake....asking for knock sensor trouble
And youll have some squealing belts till it dries out...

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember to clean out the mud that builds up inside the back of the rims or you'll get a out of balance vibration.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without mud flaps, dirt and mud loves to pile up on my running boards. Deepest right under my feet when I go to exit, yuck!

My stock rims love to hold onto mud and make the truck feel like a wheel is about to fall off!

OP
OP
CamReynolds

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of crap about gm tie rods but I'm at 147k and they seem fine. Anybody every snapped one here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518