How about some love for the 2 door? Post pics of your's!

Which 2 door do you own?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has the original Bilsteins on it, so I'll probably go with those again. I first used another brand (KYB) on my 98 Z71 truck and the top bolt rattled in the bracket. Replaced them with Bilstein and had no issues.

I have something banging around on the front driver side as the suspension dips, I can feel it in the floorboard. It almost feels like a bad shock, but I've got play in the tire when pushing it at 3 and 9 o'clock. No play at 12 and 6, so I'm thinking the bearings are fine. I have new Moog ball joints. The whole steering linkage moves with the driver side jacked up either by the frame or under the LCA. Since it all moves, I can't tell where the play is, but think it is all original linkage save one tie rod end.

I used a redhead steering gear on a Bronco a while back, it was a good unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USN_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think my issue is a bad pit-man arm. I'm hoping that when I replace it it will stop the minor clunk but more importantly the dam gear box leak. I'm looking around on the forum to see if I can find some information on how solve that gear box leak. I may have to create a new post asking that question if I can't find the answer on a previous post. But on the flip side TGIF!!!

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Part of me prefers the pre 1995 interiors, they're much more Spartan. My buddy has an 89 Sierra and I love that thing

INDIAN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Part of me prefers the pre 1995 interiors, they're much more Spartan. My buddy has an 89 Sierra and I love that thing
Im with you MadDog...I looked and looked for a pre-95 till i found one. While the 95+'s are nice, I prefer the pre 95"s

edonwheels73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had this 94 2 door since 2008 had 120k on it then. I let my son start driving it around 150k and started having transmission issues. 1st rebuilt transmission lasted about a year. Had a 2 year warranty so the guy rebuilt it again and that only lasted 1000 miles. I took it out for him to rebuild again and he gets a devorce and disappeared with my transmission (sorry sob). After 2 years I give up on finding him and bought a rebuilt transmission a few months ago and got it back on the road today. 7821723de90f3d41a985dcc6a6b5ca5b.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

_Keith_

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had this 94 2 door since 2008 had 120k on it then. I let my son start driving it around 150k and started having transmission issues. 1st rebuilt transmission lasted about a year. Had a 2 year warranty so the guy rebuilt it again and that only lasted 1000 miles. I took it out for him to rebuild again and he gets a devorce and disappeared with my transmission (sorry sob). After 2 years I give up on finding him and bought a rebuilt transmission a few months ago and got it back on the road today.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jesus. What a POS. It looks nice. I am in the market for one now myself (OBS not trans).

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had similar transmission issues like that in the past. I made the mistake when i was younger with using the trans shop that had the cheaper price...one time i made it all of 5 miles and the transmission swarmed! Lol Live and learn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal