Horrible "death wobble" after new wheels/tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealership did say I had a rear shock "leaking." Here is pics of the front sway20170630_103213.jpg

20170630_103158.jpg

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks fairly cranked. How much room between your your control arm and droop stop? Stock shocks?

I am also guessing decranking at all it's not an option? Was this cranked this high prior to the new wheels and tires? A wider wheel and tire can catch the inconsistenties in the road a little more than a skinnier tire so you may have had an issue before and it is now amplified.

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks fairly cranked. How much room between your your control arm and droop stop? Stock shocks?

I am also guessing decranking at all it's not an option? Was this cranked this high prior to the new wheels and tires? A wider wheel and tire can catch the inconsistenties in the road a little more than a skinnier tire so you may have had an issue before and it is now amplified.

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it cranked higher than this on my old factory set up. New wheels/tires are definitely playing a big role. Very close to droop stops. I've trimmed almost as much as I can see possible.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My two cents is that you're over cranked and that is causing your issue.

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the crank plus the newly added weight, cuz ive went 80mph with it cranked higher than this with no issue before.

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I discovered something that may or may not be unrelated on my way home tonight. I think I mentioned earlier that when I slammed on the brakes it seemed to get worse. Without any apparent "wobble" riding fine doin about 40mph I hit the brakes pretty hard and it nosedived towards the passenger side. I tested it a few times with the same result. Maybe the need for the longer sway bar end links? Or shocks? Pretty weird stuff

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could this axles being angled this hard be causing it? I figured the angel would cause premature wear but didnt know if it could be binding up or something.20170702_194924.jpg

Eric70

Reaction score
The fastes way to check if it's the way the truck is currently set at, switch to a set of stock size or something close, then road test over the same road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep