Hood open Warning.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richardonrsrs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hood is not open though. Plan on buying a new latch since this seems to be the cause of most issues. However I have bypassed the switch temporarily by shorting two of the wires together and it works.. Mostly. I get much less chiming but when I am going down the road it still randomly chimes telling me the hood is open.

If I cut the wires the hood open comes on like it should. Shorting these two should be the end of it. Anyone got any ideas? I got a Haynes manual and have checked through the wiring diagrams but I cannot seem to find anything in there about the hood latch switch. Really kind of driving me nuts.

Also make me think a new hood latch won't actually fix the issue since it still chimes even when bypassed. Of note it is a three wire system. Purple, Yellow and Black. I have the purple and Black shorted.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced my latch and still have the hood open on my dic. I don't get it!!!!!

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is probably the wire or a plug the wire is part of. you will probably have to chase it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14