Honest Opinions Please-With or Without Side Molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0074.JPG IMG_0375.JPG Just looking for some quick feedback. I thought I'd really like the look of removing the side molding on the way to de-badging. I'm not sure if it's because the molding has chrome as do the wheels or what it is that's keeping me from loving the look like others I'd seen debadging. Let me know. The pic with molding is my member picture.

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep since it is smooth now, leave it. Like it. What about the pinstripe?
:hmmm2:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense and it's your truck but smooth sides with no moldings perhaps need no pinstripe. Just my .02.

Either way I like it.

OP
OP
Big Mama

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries I'm with you on that. I didn't even think of it.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Originally i was a fan of the moulding but i think I'm slowly leaning the other way, looks super clean.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a fan of no molding and still am on trucks. But, for some reason, I feel differently with the SUVs. It's like it's too much blank area, like something's missing. I think maybe on the SUVs with chrome accents, it should be there and on the ones with color-matched handles, etc. they can do without the molding. My LTZ has the color-matched molding with no chrome in it and I think I'd rather keep it. Color-matched molding looks better than no molding and door dings.

OP
OP
Big Mama

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another great point. Where I sway toward putting them back (not sure if I told I removed them because they were falling off) is all the chrome on a Denali along with my chrome wheels. Thanks for looking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon