'Hoe is still pulling to the right after alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just had one done. They said it was in spec. I had the tires rotated also and it feels exactly the same. It's ok at slow speeds but once I get past let's say 50 and I let go of the wheel it goes to the right pretty hard. What else could it be? Had ball joints, tie rods all changed.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a printout of the alignment specs?

Could be in spec but if caster is not .5 higher on right side, the road crown will cause the truck to drift to the right

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't. Their printer was broken. Convenient. This happens on even the left lane where the crown goes to the left. Can bad shocks do this??

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, bad shocks won't cause that. Sounds like the alignment isn't in spec. Bring it back, tell them its still pulling right. Chances are they set the toe and didn't mess with camber/caster.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much going to be tires or alignment.
You said you rotated the tires so that pretty much rules that out unless you cross the tires. It's possible that both tires have a slight pull in them. Are all the tires the same? Do any have uneven wear?
Most likely going to be the caster. You really need a printout to diagnose it.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How fast did they do the alignment?

It takes a little time to get camber / caster set correctly.

Unfortunately "in specs" is a rather large range. It takes experience to know what you can and can't get away with.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the thing too. I had taken it to another place a few months ago and they said it needed camber bolts to get it properly aligned but wanted to charge me out the butt for them so I bought them and was going to out them in myself when I found out about this place. He was going to install them for me and align it but told me that at first it was way off but he was able to get it perfectly in spec without using the bolts so he says. I guess I'll have to take it back and insist on a print out.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front ones had some uneven wear so I thought that was the cause for both that and the extreme shaking at about 73-78 mph

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a quick sanity check, swap the front tires left to right. The only other slight possibility is your front right caliper is seized.... but my bets are still on alignment.

When the trucks jacked up to swap the tires, spin them by hand to see if the brake is dragging

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak