** is possessed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaVinhci

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Everything goes haywire all warning lights flicker, door locks and unlocks, radio static, limp mode at times. Stop and restart everything works again. A few weeks later does it again. Take it to shop and sits there for week can’t find anything wrong with it. No error codes. Any ideas? Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Good : redo the battery terminations.
Better: install new battery cables.
Best: do the big 3 or big 4 upgrade.
2. Start cleaning and redoing grounds. This is most likely the root of your problem.

:word:

OP
OP
D

DaVinhci

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2. Start cleaning and redoing grounds. This is most likely the root of your problem.

Thanks I’ll try the upgrade. Any particular big 3 upgrade kit you recommend?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I would suggest buying ( and maybe returning :secret:) a HF crimper tool. And any quality 1/0 or larger welding cable.

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my parents bought mine in 07 we had this too, it went to the dealership multiple times over months never figured out what it was it just went away. Hope you have better luck!

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doors locking and unlocking is a voltage drop. Either a bad ground, or a problem with the charging system. Start with battery cables and grounds, and then have the charging system and battery tested at an auto parts store.

My wife's brand new Jeep Wrangler started having a few electrical gremlins. The ground cable was loose on the battery post. Tightened it up, problem went away.

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score

What is this big 3 or big 4 upgrade you speak of? I know I've seen that mentioned around before, but can't for the life of me remember what it is.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of Big 4 but Big 3 involves replacing cables associated with ground and positive wires in engine bay, specific to battery, alternator, and chassis.

The ground to battery is somewhat notorious especially with the symptoms you have. I would start with that first. Get a replacement or create a better ground cable going from battery to engine, connect at same points. This alone may fix your problem but the other cable replacements should have your truck running better too.

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if there is no alternator on the Hybrid Tahoe, what harnesses would you change out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans