** ** ** CK156 REPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
al2fast

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LekGMC, those look awesome! I love the white and black! I have to say after my ride down to Chicago and back yesterday for the tune I sure didn't notice anything suspicious with the ride on Mine. I think that's exactly what I needed, some one on one time (5 hrs haha) with the Denali. I asked Justin if he felt anything on the highway and he said he couldn't notice a thing either, thought the ride was fine. She goes now when you stomp the skinny pedal!

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments @al2fast ...what tune did you end up doing? Think its a very worthwhile thing to do? I just got a tune a few months ago on my pickup and love it. Im thinking possibly about a tune for this truck....but it is a family wagon and the Mrs drives it most the time. Kinda don't want to give her more power to use...for safety and less power to use means less fuel sucked up.

Im glad that your issues about the ride seem to be gone. I know how that can be (other vehicle for me) and it can drive a person crazy! Glad that your feeling good about it!

OP
OP
al2fast

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LekGMC, I went with the Blackbear in person tune. Yes, worth it for me, did it on my 08 Sierra Denali and loved it. I left the torque management on for the tranny this time to keep more of that refined feel, had it disabled on the Sierra and that drove more raw. You hit the gas in that and it down shifted and really took off. I really really liked that truck, was white like your rig.

It's funny because my wife has been asking when I was going to get the tune because this one didn't move out like the Sierra and was a noticeable dog comparatively, especially when trying to make the pass on a 2 lane road.

I see no loss in mpg with the tune, it just down shifts faster and the engine power isn't held back. I don't know how accurate the DIC is for mpg but got 19.6 mpg yesterday on my 300+ mi round trip and beat session! Was at 20.5 mpg before the tune session, and I think in this awd pig is 20 mpg is pretty good. Not like you get a whole lot of hp gain from the tune, you just are not restricted to access your full 400hp anymore! DO IT!!!

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, @al2fast...your going to make me do it! Just looked up black bear and found a standard tune they make. You did the custom/in person tune it sounds like. I am no where near Chicago. Would you recommend the black bear standard tune over anyone else? Im new to the tunes for this truck (my other truck is a different make-dont shoot)...so I really don't know the different name brands for these trucks and whats best.

I like the idea of keeping the torque management on. Even in my pickup, I went with the more mild tune and its plenty aggressive for me. I will say that the yukon feels like it has more power than what it initially shows...needs a wake up! Have you had any issues with warranty with having a tune? I love that it has the 100k drivetrain warranty and don't want to jeopardize that...

I unfortunately don't have the Denali....although mine may LOOK a lot more like one soon. So don't have the full 400 to unleash, but still have 350 or something thats hard to find right now...

Thanks for the guidance man!

OP
OP
al2fast

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, @al2fast...your going to make me do it! Just looked up black bear and found a standard tune they make. You did the custom/in person tune it sounds like. I am no where near Chicago. Would you recommend the black bear standard tune over anyone else? Im new to the tunes for this truck (my other truck is a different make-dont shoot)...so I really don't know the different name brands for these trucks and whats best.

I like the idea of keeping the torque management on. Even in my pickup, I went with the more mild tune and its plenty aggressive for me. I will say that the yukon feels like it has more power than what it initially shows...needs a wake up! Have you had any issues with warranty with having a tune? I love that it has the 100k drivetrain warranty and don't want to jeopardize that...

I unfortunately don't have the Denali....although mine may LOOK a lot more like one soon. So don't have the full 400 to unleash, but still have 350 or something thats hard to find right now...

Thanks for the guidance man!

I'm not sure how this tune compares to others , but I've been happy. I've read its one of the best and have also read if you'regoing to spens the money to get a custom tune dune, so much better than a canned tune. I left the torque management on this time, wanted to keep the drive more refined. Happy with the results! As for the warranty I'm sure it would be a pain in the ass if you needed warrant work and they found out you had a tune. I rolled the dice on my last truck as I still had 3.5 years and 60k left on the warranty. This rig is 6 years old so no warranty anymore.

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well after driving on these for about 3 months one of my wheels has started to peel and im sure the others will follow. i never used any wheel cleaner or anything but soap and water to clean them. would not recommend these, time to start shopping for wheels again...

FullSizeRender3_3.jpg

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woah that sucks! I would for sure be in contact with them to send you new wheels or at least a replacement wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow that sucks. I've not had any problems with my factory reps yet and hope I don't. That doesn't look good :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission