Hitch cover fastener?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one of these hitch covers that's like a bubble and covers the entire hitch area. And comes in your trucks color:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19172858-20...ash=item41867d43eb:g:JwMAAOSwPe1UCedA&vxp=mtr

But it didn't come with any type of fastener. It's a rectangular hole in the cover. Have not looked on my truck yet to see what those holes are like.

***Anyone know what type of fastener is supposed to be used with this?***

Or maybe an alternative that has some security? These appear to be easily taken off and on. I could see it walking away quite easily.

Thanks.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get them from the dealer for a couple bucks. Just a couple of plastic nuts...

Here's the best pics I could find from my bumper

44.jpg

55.jpg

OP
OP
M

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there's a more secure fastener? I'll swing by my local hardware they have fasteners out the ying yang. I live in LA. So ya. things walk off all the time. ;)

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get them from the dealer for a couple bucks. Just a couple of plastic nuts...

44.jpg

55.jpg

Is that ur exhaust, u gots a pic of the rear, being lazy to look up your threads....;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a more secure and permanent application, they have the stainless steel anti tamper torq/hex screws and nuts for license plates at Walmart. That would probably keep it from walking off.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feel annoyed....i know ltz had a diff hitch cover but i never realized the other difference.......
IMG_9827.JPG IMG_9828.JPG
What a dumb ass i am....

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score

44.jpg

55.jpg
5_zps048bdb0f.jpg

I love that rear bumper and exhaust. I wonder if you can cut the Denali bumper to fit caddy exhaust. How do the tips mount to bumper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd