High Pitched Buzzing from Battery after Cell replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmykos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid. Just replaced the hybrid cells with reconditioned ones. I am now experiencing a high pitched electrical noise that varies with vehicle speed after truck is warmed up and over 20 mph. It's not the fan, it is on the opposite end of the battery. It doesn't change with engine rpm. Any ideas?

Robbie The Tiger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not to get off topic as I have no idea about the noise but what rebuild kit or replacement batteries did you use? I am still good in my 2012 but am trying to plan for the inevitable. Thanks

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you sure you're not just hearing the motors in the tranny on decell and accel more now that they can actually use the new batteries. I've heard people say their truck sounds like a jet after new batterys lol

if it's coming straight from the pack. I have no idea but I'd open it and check all the connections are very clean, the nmhi batteries are horrible for corroding and turning all the connections green. you really should replace all bus bars and clean the wire ends very well, and then use a in lb torque wrench when tightening every nut.

have you logged the new cell voltage and Temps so see if you have any variations.

back in the days of a car with a normal alternator, if you had bad connect at your 12v battery, sometimes you'd get a electrical whine thru the speakers, it changed with rpm thou, since it was belt driven. hybrid battery is charged and discharged off the mph not the engine so much. just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman