High Flow Mass Air Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks identical to the stock one. I mean IDENTICAL. I don't think it will do anything at all. The only thing I can imagine it may do, Is if they have it programmed to send a modified signal to the ecu to trick it into thinking a different amount of air is coming in. That would be bad in my book. Very bad.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one and I took it out. Didn't do anything

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Snake oil, don't go for it. We tell our customers that have them, to return to stock. They falsely report to the PCM, which can cause major issues.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
talked to a buddy who had one on a camaro. he said it made no diff. w/ just CAI & exhaust.
his tuner said he didnt have good luck with them.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's bad enough when I was comparing the stock inlet tube to the aftermarkets and noticed the stock tubes use air flow modifiers to smoothen the flow for less turbulent readings and the aftermarket tubes don't have them.

Then if you take the screen off the sensor it will change it that much worse.

If you want some sort of "less restriction benefit" find a tuner that will convert the truck to a MAP system.

hyper z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nothing but trouble, the two vehicles that I know they were in ended up throwing codes and removed shortly after install.

Andre Downer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just did a K&N intake, the JET MAF Sensor, the JET throttle Body, The JET throttle Body spacer, and the JET CHIP Stage 2. All is in and working well, the Tahoe has a much throatier sound and has an incredibly different level of power and acceleration. Can't say which of the parts is contributing most, I guess all are.. No codes or problems yet..

stay tuned..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24