High clearance bumper on Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColombiaPunk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy, just wondering if any one has built a high clearance/off road style front bumper on their Yukon.

On my rock crawlers I've always preferred building low and cutting body for best off-road stability, the front facia seemed like a good place to start on the Denali since it hangs so low.

There seems to be nothing off the shelf probably due to the integrated grille on these. Post a pic of anyone has made something, looking for ideas.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the border patrol vehicles have a higher bumper also, not sure where you would source one though

OP
OP
C

ColombiaPunk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. Those are all for Tahoe, found plenty of those. I'm looking for Yukon, which had the integrated grill with the bumper... That's what makes it trickier. If anyone has done it please post up. Again, Yukon not Tahoe.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe bumper and Yukon bumper are structurally the same. The two vertical parts between the grille and the headlights are part of the bumper and that is where the grille. I'm not sure how they kept the stock grille with those bumpers, but for any aftermarket bumper you find, you will be doing the same.

The is also a shop down in Texas, near Houston or Corpus Christi, that makes several custom bumpers. Getting them to modify one of their chevy designs for your yukon shouldn't be that difficult. I forget the name of the shop, but maybe someone here knows the shop I am talking about.

OP
OP
C

ColombiaPunk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally read the fab fours instructions. I see how they cut the grill out and reattach it, they make a bracket to go with it. Perhaps that's the route I go then, thanks guys for making me read the instructions.

evan Neise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy, just wondering if any one has built a high clearance/off road style front bumper on their Yukon.

On my rock crawlers I've always preferred building low and cutting body for best off-road stability, the front facia seemed like a good place to start on the Denali since it hangs so low.

There seems to be nothing off the shelf probably due to the integrated grille on these. Post a pic of anyone has made something, looking for ideas.