HID SUGGESTIONS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you with retrofit HIDs, what did you use for the bypass? From the videos I have seen, HIDs take a second or two to come on, so I want a bypass harness to just keep them on when I flick on the high beams.

xDan

Reaction score
Another thing that is important, is HID bulbs are not designed to be installed in a halogen reflector. They should only ever be installed in a projector.

Projectors have a bit of metal to block the from going where it should not.

Halogen reflectors (the stock headlights in all our tahoes/yukons/suburbans) will cause glare no matter what HID you buy for your truck.

You CAN safely put a quality LED in your low beams and not cause glare, as long as you aren't using one that is putting out much higher than stock number of lumens.

Keep in mind, that I am only talking about your low beam headlights.
I don't care what you do with your high beam lights... go crazy and turn the night into day (but don't burn your truck down).

Just please don't blind the other drivers on the road while you are driving around town.

I highly recommend a quality projector retrofit set headlights for our Tahoes and Yukons. I love my Denali clones on my Yukon XL, and they work great with the set of HIDs I got from @Vanquish Auto .

I'm also running a cheap set of LEDs in my high beams, but with the 4-high mod, it doesn't seem to matter as much.

Ok, my rant is done.

I wholly agree with all your statements except for the one in bold. You need to specify, to the uninitiated that a quality LED means a low beam LED that mimics the bright spot of stock halogen bulbs as closely as possible, and if they achieve this, then they can be brighter than stock and not cause issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon