HID SUGGESTIONS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HID throws more usable light further down the road. LED's just look brighter, but actually aren't "better" as far as output and road visibility. MANY many test and whatnot done on this, and videos comparing the two.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing that is important, is HID bulbs are not designed to be installed in a halogen reflector. They should only ever be installed in a projector.

Projectors have a bit of metal to block the from going where it should not.

Halogen reflectors (the stock headlights in all our tahoes/yukons/suburbans) will cause glare no matter what HID you buy for your truck.

You CAN safely put a quality LED in your low beams and not cause glare, as long as you aren't using one that is putting out much higher than stock number of lumens.

Keep in mind, that I am only talking about your low beam headlights.
I don't care what you do with your high beam lights... go crazy and turn the night into day (but don't burn your truck down).

Just please don't blind the other drivers on the road while you are driving around town.

I highly recommend a quality projector retrofit set headlights for our Tahoes and Yukons. I love my Denali clones on my Yukon XL, and they work great with the set of HIDs I got from @Vanquish Auto .

I'm also running a cheap set of LEDs in my high beams, but with the 4-high mod, it doesn't seem to matter as much.

Ok, my rant is done.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
Hello folks, now I’m in a sticky situation I’m going to get some HIDs for my headlights and I’m stuck between getting 6k or 8k. I want my lights to have that new Audi headlight color so should I get 6k or 8k? Also if you have 6k or 8k lights please drop some pictures of them thanks!
Hello, i am more than happy to answer that question for you: HIDS will be your best choice but no any hids., we have a complete review between leds and our hids., our hids are brighter and give more light output than any led kit and our hids dont give glare!

Here is the review link you can look at it and decide what to go for! If you can tell us your car make model and year we will give you the right links for the lights you need. Thanks

https://vanquishauto.com/led-comparison

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 1.35.27 PM.png

thindiesel

Reaction score
how do I figure, hmmmmm. ive worked in the car audio field for a bit now & the #1returned items are HID LIGHTS.... I have used atleast a dozen sets & all have gone bad either the light or ballast.... I now have LED & have had the same pair for 2 years, plus I love how much brighter they r then HID'S....

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how do I figure, hmmmmm. ive worked in the car audio field for a bit now & the #1returned items are HID LIGHTS.... I have used atleast a dozen sets & all have gone bad either the light or ballast.... I now have LED & have had the same pair for 2 years, plus I love how much brighter they r then HID'S....

Well the problem is most people buy super cheap HIDs. If you buy OEM ballasts and bulbs they last 5-6 years. And I have never seen an led bulb brighter than a hid setup.