Hid-projector Q

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Top of the light beam above the purple line, the laft side is worse)

Is the light supposed to have a blackhole like spot, while driving its almost impossible to see past that point. Idk if i alined them right or what? How would regular h1 bulbs work?

20170317_201243.jpg

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the "cut off point" or the change in height of the cut line? If you're referring to the dark space above the cut off line, that is normal for all projector HID's to my knowledge. Just make sure you aim them correctly (should be from ground to center of your projector lense, then go out to 100' and should be about 1" drop in beam height from ground to top of beam where black cut off is) that will prevent your lights from "hot spotting" and blinding oncoming traffic and vehicles in front of you with their mirrors. I hope that helps, Serge used to be THE go to person for info on this, but I don't think he is on here much anymore. @NathanJax would you have any more info?

Joe

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 25' is way too close... You could do 50' and do 1/2" drop... That could help.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that line is correct and suppose to just be dark above that line. That line should also be at a certain distance up from a certain distance away.

It's suppose to more of a fine line, but that's just because of the projector & bulb you're using

My old projectors...

5.jpg

6.jpg

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be measured at 25', best thing to do is find a common sedan, like a neighbors and at 25' aim them at just below the trunk deck, that way they will fall under the side mirrors.

OP
OP
Drok

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that line is correct and suppose to just be dark above that line. That line should also be at a certain distance up from a certain distance away.

It's suppose to more of a fine line, but that's just because of the projector & bulb you're using

My old projectors...

I have these. Would different hid bulbs make a difference with the line thickness?
Im definitely not used to this set up haha

20170318_204633.jpg

OP
OP
Drok

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be measured at 25', best thing to do is find a common sedan, like a neighbors and at 25' aim them at just below the trunk deck, that way they will fall under the side mirrors.

They hit the trunk line of most cars i drive behind at 15ish feet. Its got to be the line thickness and not being use to them thats got me all confused i guess ha..

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easiest and non professional way of measuring is if oyu are going down your street the left lower cutoff line should not go onto the dirvers seat of the parked car you are approaching at 25ft and the right cutoff should not go above the trunk at the same 25' distance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan