Hi from Maine. Thinking of buying a diesel Suburban.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyGunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have outgrown my Jeep and need something bigger. I considered the Expedition diesel, but heard bad things about it. So, I'm considering a diesel Suburban.

Some members have given me a few pointers, but I'm having a terrible time finding one that isn't out of orbit crazy pricey.

The salt they put on the roads in the winter up here eats vehicles for lunch. So, I am hoping to find a used model from some warm place that doesn't see snow or salt air.

Anyone have any suggestions?

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering a diesel Suburban... Anyone have any suggestions?

You don't mention a budget or year range that you are hoping for.

When I am looking for a used big ticket item that I am willing to travel for I always use searchtempest.com which is a service that checks all regional craigslists at once. Just put in your zip code and distance you are willing to travel.

You might want to limit your search to "titles only" since diesel will likely be in the title, and if not when I searched for "Diesel Suburban" there were a lot of non relevant hits since many dealers put a string of keywords at the bottom of all their adds.

A quick search found several mid to late '90's diesel Suburbans in southern states for under $5K.

Hope that helps get you pointed in the right direction.