Help, yatesiepoo wants me to fly to cali from ny to buy a truck.

What do I do?

• A) keep my ‘13 tahoe lt

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • B) find a ‘14 low mile ‘burb ltz

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • C) find a ‘13 2500 ‘burb

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • D) buy a ‘17 or ‘18 yuk den xl

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • E) wait for nnnnbs ‘burb hoping they come with a 6/6.2 L

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PG01

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they are growing on me too, except the prices! The technology is nice but they'll be worse than ours to keep running in tip top shape with all that stuff as they age. If you don't keep them that long it's not an issue then. For less than 1/2 the price of a new one I bet you could score a cherry 2500 LT3 Suburban (didn't come with LTZ trim).
Ive been looking James. I need to find a better website with better search parameters.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they are growing on me too, except the prices! The technology is nice but they'll be worse than ours to keep running in tip top shape with all that stuff as they age. If you don't keep them that long it's not an issue then. For less than 1/2 the price of a new one I bet you could score a cherry 2500 LT3 Suburban (didn't come with LTZ trim).

So far for me just oil changes on my 32K mile 2016 Tahoe LT.

I have spoken to dozens of 2015 plus Tahoe,Suburban and Yukon XL owners from Miami to NYC and so far none had anything negative to say about them..Some were Livery drivers with between 150K -200K miles on them..I am not saying every vehicle made had zero issues but I think some issues people had were blown out of proportion.

It seems every single day I see more late model Tahoe,Suburban and Yukon Denali XL'S out there.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely C. Especially since you don't have to worry about the damn AFM. And that's the one to pull a TT with, anyway. Made for that kind of stuff.

The K2xx SUVs have also grown on me by now, but it'll still be quite some time before my wife gets one of those. Hell, she just got the 2010 in September! :deal:

And if the next generation SUVs will have the same damn AFM system like the 2019 trucks will :badidea:, then the current generation SUVs will be the last we'll ever get.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before I bought my 2016 Tahoe I thought about getting a 2013 Tahoe as 2013 was the last year before Direct Injection..With that said I have not heard of any issues with Direct Injection on the 5.3 or the 6.2.

All the ones I looked at had over 60K miles and most had over 100K miles and the price of them was 40K at the time in 2016..I figured finding a low mileage Hoe would be next to impossible as most people buy them for long distance..I did find a couple for low mileage ones but they either had spotty service records or worse yet no service record..I only went Chevrolet-GMC Dealers..I would not buy one off a different make dealer.

If you buy a 2013 2500 you will end up putting money into it as I am sure it will need some work.

Just IMHO.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the other hand Gary, @intheburbs has spent less than $50 in repairs on his 2500 and my buddy's '07 Classic Silverado Duramax didn't need any work until it passed 200k miles whereas our 1500s are seeing the same repairs at near half that. The cab of course is the same but the chassis, suspension and steering are more durable than ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt