Help with lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fssredo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
new to forum but I need help deciding what I should do to my 04Yukon I want a decent ground clearance so I want to know what if my would look like with 2.5in keys, and 1.5in rear blocks, but my front end is stock rear raised 2in. Tires are 285/70/17 Mickeys

IMG_0773.JPG IMG_0775.JPG

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 2.5" keys will bottom out the UCAs on the bump stops and ride like complete trash.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever the modified TB keys are installed, you will torque the adjustment bolts in .25" or enough to get some tension on the keys, put it back on the ground & see what you have between the UCA and the frame stops. If you have plenty of clearance still, and want to squeeze a little more lift out of it, torque the adjustment bolts up 1-full turn, jostle the front suspension or take it for a drive, recheck the clearances. Measure from ground to fender and get your left-to-right evened out. 2" is going to be the maximum; anything over that is compromising the integrity & engineering specs of the front suspension & steering linkage.

OP
OP
Fssredo

Fssredo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whenever the modified TB keys are installed, you will torque the adjustment bolts in .25" or enough to get some tension on the keys, put it back on the ground & see what you have between the UCA and the frame stops. If you have plenty of clearance still, and want to squeeze a little more lift out of it, torque the adjustment bolts up 1-full turn, jostle the front suspension or take it for a drive, recheck the clearances. Measure from ground to fender and get your left-to-right evened out. 2" is going to be the maximum; anything over that is compromising the integrity & engineering specs of the front suspension & steering linkage.
Appreciate it greatly

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running keys, Cognito UCA, and 5100s set at 2.5” for around 3 years will little to no issue. 20x12s with 33x12.50s. I maintain and check my vehicle regularly and I have not seen any added wear on ball joints, CVs, tierods or any of that. The Cognito UCAs help correct a lot of the issues with cranking the keys. It does make the ride stiffer and it doesn’t like to stay aligned. But those are 2 things I am willing to deal with to have the setup I want.

I think it also has to do with how you use you vehicle. I drive mine daily 60miles round trip to work. I drive pretty slow and reserved 90% of the time. Some times I do get on it and whip around turns or blast over railroad crossings but not often. And I tow a couple different size trailers ranging from small motorcycle trailers to an 18’ car hauler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep