Help with coil springs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please and thank you! Just installed a Cognito 7-9 on my 00’ Suburban. I am trying to get the back 1” down from the front. The front is 44” and then rear is 46”. Needs to come down 3” inches. It has a 7” spacer in it now.

I have looked through Moog and QA1 online databases of universal springs and didn’t really see anything that fit the bill. Skyjacker sells a 2.5” and a 5” soft ride rear lift spring. I guess I could take out the 7” spacer from Cognito and put the 2.5” lift spring in and a 1.5” spacer to make 4” of lift. Or use the 5” and crank the front 1”.

And I could put 3” drop springs in it but I really don’t want to do that.

Anyone got any other ideas or places to get springs?

Windwalker

Reaction score
Please and thank you! Just installed a Cognito 7-9 on my 00’ Suburban. I am trying to get the back 1” down from the front. The front is 44” and then rear is 46”. Needs to come down 3” inches. It has a 7” spacer in it now.

I have looked through Moog and QA1 online databases of universal springs and didn’t really see anything that fit the bill. Skyjacker sells a 2.5” and a 5” soft ride rear lift spring. I guess I could take out the 7” spacer from Cognito and put the 2.5” lift spring in and a 1.5” spacer to make 4” of lift. Or use the 5” and crank the front 1”.

And I could put 3” drop springs in it but I really don’t want to do that.

Anyone got any other ideas or places to get springs?
I have no advice for you sorry. But if you get the skyjacker 5" let me know how it is if you don't mind.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no advice for you sorry. But if you get the skyjacker 5" let me know how it is if you don't mind.

I got the skyjacker springs. They are great so far, got me 4.75” of lift over stock, which was pretty much exactly what I wanted. They ride really well, very comfortable. I would definitly get them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne