HELP! Weird Rear A/C Problem - Rear controls are dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KalebHill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2008 Tahoe with 126k miles on it on Sunday. The rear A/C has a weird problem that I can't find the answer to after searching on the internet for the past 3 days. The rear controls are located where the drop down screen is location on some models. All three knobs are not lit, which tells me they aren't getting power. I've checked every fuse associated with the system and they're all fine. I'm able to control the rear air perfectly from the front controls as long as I'm in AUX Mode. However, when in AUX mode I cannot control the air from the back controls. Any ideas??

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
You might get more attention by moving this to the appropriate year in the forum...

Based on my 1999 Tahoe, the problem could be with the connection at the back of the main control unit. Years ago, mine had a burnt ground in the connector. I replaced it with a new connector and haven't had a problem with it since. I'm guessing there may be technology differences between our model years, but the principles and resolution may be same/similar.