Help on replacing component speakers on '03 Yukon:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true everything is based on the install crapy installs = crapy sound

OP
OP
AudioFile

AudioFile

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rear Speakers Installed:

I decided to go with Alpine R-Series component speakers in the rear. I put the 6-1/2 inch base speakers in the 2nd row doors, and the tweeters in the posts of the 3rd row. I installed them last weekend, and then tuned the Alpine amp to them, and WOW, the highs sound great, even from the rear. I haven't even changed out the stock front speakers yet (too busy). Can't wait to get some time to do that.

My new question pertains to installing R-Series component speakers in my 1st row doors. So where the heck do I place the crossover box (size of pack of cigarettes) for the front component speakers? I figure that if both woofer and tweeter are in the door, then the crossover can also be placed in the door ...somewhere. Or should I place it in the lower kick panel (a ***** to wire)? Anyone install a component speakers with a crossover -- all inside the door frame?

Last edited:

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got component in all 4 doors, 4-chan amp, and ran all new wiring to the amp, ran it all nicely, kind of a pain fishing through the door, but this way you delete any potential problem (since GM likes to wire things weirdly). I have cross overs in all 4 doors as well, I just used some adhessive, and stuck them to the back side of the door panels, but I will be doing a more solid mount to the door its self. And I had a stock sub in mine, but it stayed on and drained my battery, so I cut the power to that, and has been fine ever since. For the rear doors, I had to cut a hole just above were the mids go for my 1" tweet.

Sounds great, haven't had one problem with it since installed.

Good luck! Its fairly easy install, took me some time due to making sure I had enough wire for the doors to open and close (to ensure that it didnt disconnect the speakers while opening and closing). And ran all new wire takes some time to, well werth it.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mounted my crossovers under rear seat...amp is back there, just hid them out of the way.

dznutts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to go with Alpine R-Series component speakers in the rear. I put the 6-1/2 inch base speakers in the 2nd row doors, and the tweeters in the posts of the 3rd row. I installed them last weekend, and then tuned the Alpine amp to them, and WOW, the highs sound great, even from the rear. I haven't even changed out the stock front speakers yet (too busy). Can't wait to get some time to do that.

My new question pertains to installing R-Series component speakers in my 1st row doors. So where the heck do I place the crossover box (size of pack of cigarettes) for the front component speakers? I figure that if both woofer and tweeter are in the door, then the crossover can also be placed in the door ...somewhere. Or should I place it in the lower kick panel (a ***** to wire)? Anyone install a component speakers with a crossover -- all inside the door frame?

I zip tied wires and crossover to front of door at bottom by rubber boot in plastic.:Handshake: