HELP! No power to radio/factory nav unit/Rear sensors auto turned off-- 07+ NNBS Avy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to [/sarcasm]

I assumed so, but you just never know :Handshake:

Oh and here you go...
57784d1316729464-cam-newton-superfractor-flip-sarcasm-1-.gif
...just in case you ever need it.

IrishTR

Reaction score
Just to give heads up on this. I have had this randomly happen with my system as well. I currently have a Gen6 lockpick installed no problems everything been great.

As said once in a blue moon the radio appears to be dead. No power no nothing exact symptoms mentioned in this post. The trick to making it work again was pulling that fuse under the hood waiting about a minute (probably 30secs more like it) and reinstalling. Everything worked fine again after that.

It doesnt happen enough for me to really question the lockpick is good or bad but more so the system might get overloaded and default off. Good thing is I have full warranty on system so if it does die, I'll pull lockpick and head to dealer for free replacement!

But ya that fuse was the key to getting it working again (I would say to the person who got replaced lockpick, you'll most likely experience it again). I really hate this stock POS system but hate even more replacing windows, and stolen aftermarket radios from ****** who take them so I gave up on aftermarket :( sad because they have so much more potential, unfortunately some assclowns seem to think they're more important and should have the stuff I bought n paid for.

Anyways if happens again pull that fuse under the hood should fix it right up.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to give heads up on this. I have had this randomly happen with my system as well. I currently have a Gen6 lockpick installed no problems everything been great.

As said once in a blue moon the radio appears to be dead. No power no nothing exact symptoms mentioned in this post. The trick to making it work again was pulling that fuse under the hood waiting about a minute (probably 30secs more like it) and reinstalling. Everything worked fine again after that.

It doesnt happen enough for me to really question the lockpick is good or bad but more so the system might get overloaded and default off. Good thing is I have full warranty on system so if it does die, I'll pull lockpick and head to dealer for free replacement!

But ya that fuse was the key to getting it working again (I would say to the person who got replaced lockpick, you'll most likely experience it again). I really hate this stock POS system but hate even more replacing windows, and stolen aftermarket radios from ****** who take them so I gave up on aftermarket :( sad because they have so much more potential, unfortunately some assclowns seem to think they're more important and should have the stuff I bought n paid for.

Anyways if happens again pull that fuse under the hood should fix it right up.

Which fuse did you pull? I pulled all the ones I thought were bad and checked if they were blown and none of them were except for the ones that control my rear sensors which I replaced (but radio was still off after).

jarthead

Reaction score
Very weird. I had the same thing happen to me this morning on the way to work. First, I noticed that the music navigator for CD tracks wasn't working. No big deal. Then as I turned into my office lot, I noticed that the turn signals weren't clicking. Parked the car turn off the ignition and turn it back on to see if that will reset the signals. Still nothing. Look at the stereo and the display is black. Tried to eject a CD, nothing happens, tried to go to XM, nothing. Turned the key off and then restarted the truck, let it sit for a minute and then everything came back on. Doesn't seem like a fuse to me... I am not running lock pick either. All stock Bose DVD with RES. I guess all I can do is hope it never happens again!

yerpderp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Holy crap. This just happened to me. I pulled the fuse and put it back in...wtf?!? It worked. I repeat...wtf?!?

lj1kzoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this problem a few times and I want to let you all know that over time it did it so much that the battery ran down and I had to pay 1000$ for new Body Control Module (BCM) and besides that gut check it started doing the radio thing again 2 months later after I got the new BCM and no one not even the BS dealer knows why. Just a heads up because I was stuck on the highway waiting for a tow truck and a 1000$ bill lol.

TimGM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This just happened to me, tried the fuses, an disconnecting the battery. I do not have a lockpick. Has this ever been fully resolved?

TimGM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this problem a few times and I want to let you all know that over time it did it so much that the battery ran down and I had to pay 1000$ for new Body Control Module (BCM) and besides that gut check it started doing the radio thing again 2 months later after I got the new BCM and no one not even the BS dealer knows why. Just a heads up because I was stuck on the highway waiting for a tow truck and a 1000$ bill lol.

Did they ever figure out what it was?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a stock radio and it happens? Must be something related to that harness on the far passenger side that is used to add on the lock pick. I had the issue happen before to me with aftermarket setup but due to wires being lose, related to power or constant power connection possibly? It seems like park assist and rear camera only work with HU works so once we lose that, those go with it. We need to find out why radio lost power I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tttterrrr