HELP! No power to radio/factory nav unit/Rear sensors auto turned off-- 07+ NNBS Avy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I just went and ate lunch and everything was fine. I get back in my car to go back to work from my house and the radio won't turn on! There is no power to it at all. No buttons work to turn anything on... just silence. When I go in reverse, the DIC says a message about the rear sensors not working and there is one red dot behind where the three dots are. Does anyone have ANY idea what this could be?

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok i checked a bunch of fuses both under the hood and in the interior fuse box and not ONE is labeled as 'Radio'. I checked a bunch of random one's I thought it could possibly be and none were blown... does anyone know which fuse actually controls the radio?

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k i'll have to try this when I get home. Thanks for the quick responses Timmy!

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked amp fuse. Not blown. Disconnected terminal from battery for approx. 1 minute and re-connected. Still no power to radio and rear sensors are still disabled. I also can't hear the turn signals... WTF

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a coincidence Felix! I had the same exact issue a couple of weeks ago. :emotions122:

I got in, started the Tahoe up and...... nothing. I turned it off, and then back on thinking it would reset, but still nothing. The radio was dead, I had no chimes or turn signal noise, the park assist was out, no rear camera, no lock pick, and the onstar system was out (red light on rear view mirror).

So, to make a long story short - I opened up the hood and located the "Audio System" fuse. I believe it's fuse #41 on the Tahoe located in the "under the hood" fuse block. I pulled it out, and put it back in and viola! It worked. Everything was back on and working properly. I don't really know what happened, or how pulling the fuse and putting in back in "fixed" the issue, but it hasn't happened since then (knock on wood).

Whether the issue you are having is the same or not, I cannot verify. However, based on what you have posted, I would venture to say they are. I would guess that if pulling the fuse doesn't work, you could very well have a blown fuse.

I hope that helps! The fuse number for your vehicle, and the location should be stated in the manual. Let me know how you make out :Handshake:

Attachments

• Fuse #41.jpg
    Fuse #41.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne