Help Newbie 22 or 24 inch wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadpool52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 24" on mine and I really can't tell a difference in ride quality from the 22" I had before.

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each his own, and to be honest I haven't tested 24" on the new gen magnet-ride (though frankly not happy with how stiff even my 22" are but I blame the suspension more than the rims). I've driven a couple last get on 24" and were stiffer than I preferred. As for sedan tires, not many sedans are pushing a curb weight of 5500lbs and frankly I am less bothered by a stiffer ride on a performance vehicle.

I've rolled 305/25/20 on a SC430 in the past, doesn't mean recommend it if you cared about ride quality or bent rims (bent 3 of 4 in 2 seasons).
Tested mine back to back on the same day. PLENTY of rubber. Pre-purchase I was scared by the ride, but pleasantly surprised. Of course with 4" of sidewall and enough interior volume to hold a rather large "air spring" I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Have you guys weighed these 22, 24, 26+ wheels? Just curious how heavy they are and what kind of a loss in performance you are seeing?
Tony posted weights. The TBSS 24's are lighter than the stock 22's. If they were significantly heavier I wouldn't have done it.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony posted weights. The TBSS 24's are lighter than the stock 22's. If they were significantly heavier I wouldn't have done it.

I looked for the thread on weight of rims. Do you remember where you found it?

LTahoeFL

Reaction score
I will dissent. Not trying to take digs at anyone's ride but I think 24s+ look a tad ridiculous. I also like a classy look but I want a look that doesn't scream pimp my ride, and ride quality and performance in tough weather conditions/safety is also much more important to me than looks. I think these yokels here have convinced me to upgrade to the 22s but I am decidedly not interested in anything above that. Like you, I'm carting my kids and dog around, and will be pulling my bbq trailer and tailgating 6-8x per year. I want a nice looking but practical/utility ride more than I want something that turns heads.

I'm probably a minority here but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9