Help needed - 2007 Air Ride (stock)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxstead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an issue that I have been unable to solve - any help appreciated.

2007 Suburban with Auto Air leveling - shocks were done, so they were replaced.

Also replaced the compressor assembly (rebuilt from Arnott) since it was pooched from bad shocks.

Installed everything, and it worked fine for months (until warranty was over :)

It stopped working, and tripped the common service autoride, ABS, and level control (or something like that) so I scanned and found "short to ground or open circuit on exhaust" - upon removal and disassembly of the exhaust valve on the compressor, I found a bad crimp from the rebuild - it was not connected. Soldered and shrinked all back together, installed, and the DIC messages went away - yay right? Wrong. No worky.

I can jump the relay up (red to light blue on the harness with relay removed) and the shocks inflate and hold pressure - and the exhaust valve seems to be working when I unload the weight. Just doesn't seem to kick on its own.

I connected it to a fairly sophisticated scanner and there are no codes whatsoever. Same scanner also show resistance from the level sensors and when I push on each corner of the truck, they change, so seem to be working. When I call (from the scanner) for exhaust or compressor on, there is nothing - like it doesn't see the signal at all. Wondering if there is another connector or control unit that I should be checking??

Any ideas what to try next? Any help appreciated.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you checked all your fuses? That wire might have blown one. The 2 you need to check that I know of are the RTD and STUD1 under the hood. Also there is a ride control computer behind the right rear interior panel. At least that's where mine is in my 02.

OP
OP
M

Maxstead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you checked all your fuses? That wire might have blown one. The 2 you need to check that I know of are the RTD and STUD1 under the hood. Also there is a ride control computer behind the right rear interior panel. At least that's where mine is in my 02.
Thanks for the heads up - I did check all the fuses, but not after i fixed the ground wire - I will verify. Never re-thought to check those ;-)

OP
OP
M

Maxstead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have not had a chance - slammed a work and too darn cold - will absolutely send you a note when I get on it this weekend. Appreciate MUCH the help.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I actually have a ride control computer that works but it's out of an 02. If you need it and it's the right p/n (15081997) just pay shipping and it's yours. Probably not the right one though.

OP
OP
M

Maxstead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate it. Also having problems with my headlights staying on - looks like it may be the fuse block - that will be the next job to tackle. Will let you know what I find ;-)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the relay in the under hood fuse box, wiggle it and see if they go on and off.

OP
OP
M

Maxstead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From what I have read on the forum, GM integrated the HB relay into the fuse block on this truck, so I would need to replace the entire block. I was thinking that perhaps its the stalk on the column, but there are no other symptoms that would indicate that - perhaps I will bite the bullet and try a "nused" fuse block from a wrecker. About to go out and check the fuses ;-) -12 degrees out.....

OP
OP
M

Maxstead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So there is no relay for the headlights - just fuses. Threw the two 10A fuses back in, and I have hi beams - cannot shut them off at the dial or dim them on the stick - even key off, truck locked, they stay on (found that out last year when battery was dead, hence pulled he fuse). I am guessing relay. Perhaps if my fuse block is pooched, that may be related to the load levelling. I find it peculiar that I can jump the relay and get the system to inflate and hold air (sometimes do this before trailering), so to me its the control gong to the relay that is not getting tripped - broken wire, bad control module, etc. I have read about "bump stop reset" on these things that sometimes needs to be done after replacing exhaust relay on load compressor, but not sure if that is the issue as I don't get any codes or lights on the reader. Also checked those fuses you mentioned and they are fine - swapped them with other nearby ones and all good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan