Help! Need advice please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpinNice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, looking for some input from you guys on some things i have in the works. Forgive me if this has already been convered already, but it will make sense after reading the whole post.

So I have 3 gtm800 trucks. 1-03 suburban 1500 z71, 1-03 Denali, 1-07 silverado classic 2500.

Starting with the suburban, I’m planning on my efan conversion soon. Have all the parts. Eventually will be swapping out to a 6.0 (prob will do cam and heads and fresh rings as well with the freshen up)

The Denali will be another efan conversion and that’s it.

Silverado will be efan conversion and I will stop there as well with that truck.

So finally the million dollar question, should I just buy the hp tuners and turn on the efan options on all 3 trucks myself and tune accordingly with the suburban after the motor swap? Or send each ecm out one by one to Blackbear? I believe the cost of the hp tuners as opposed to the cost of all 3 ecm’s being sent out to Blackbear would be better on my pocket, but I’m not really sure which route to take.. any and all suggestions will be of great help. Thanks guys, and sorry if this has already been covered..

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, looking for some input from you guys on some things i have in the works. Forgive me if this has already been convered already, but it will make sense after reading the whole post.

So I have 3 gtm800 trucks. 1-03 suburban 1500 z71, 1-03 Denali, 1-07 silverado classic 2500.

Starting with the suburban, I’m planning on my efan conversion soon. Have all the parts. Eventually will be swapping out to a 6.0 (prob will do cam and heads and fresh rings as well with the freshen up)

The Denali will be another efan conversion and that’s it.

Silverado will be efan conversion and I will stop there as well with that truck.

So finally the million dollar question, should I just buy the hp tuners and turn on the efan options on all 3 trucks myself and tune accordingly with the suburban after the motor swap? Or send each ecm out one by one to Blackbear? I believe the cost of the hp tuners as opposed to the cost of all 3 ecm’s being sent out to Blackbear would be better on my pocket, but I’m not really sure which route to take.. any and all suggestions will be of great help. Thanks guys, and sorry if this has already been covered..
Hello Nick, if you are looking to just enable the fans, our single item tune can help with that. We can also provide that service within a full tune as well. Email us [email protected]. We would be happy to help.

OP
OP
SpinNice

SpinNice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well Nick, are you also looking for a little extra performance and driveability? If so, BlackBear has the expertise. The Suburban will need a tune after you get done with doing the heads and adding a camshaft.

Yes, I will be doing mild performance upgrades to the suburban which will require tunes. I’m only basing my info off bang for the buck. If I send Blackbear 3 ecms, the cost will be from what I heard, 300$ each which puts me at 900$. Where as the hp tuners, I can buy for 650$ then turn on the fan option myself. As well as do the tune if I locate a dyno.. please correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t mean to sound ignorant. I just want to make the right decision here. All info if greatly appreciated. Blackbear has an outstanding reputation and I’m not by any means discrediting them.. @BlackBearPerf any input?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In selecting BlackBear to tune the trucks for performance, you're getting years and years worth of knowledge and experience that you and I do not currently possess. I'm a tinkerer and especially with computers but went with BlackBear to take advantage of their expertise, which I lack.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I will be doing mild performance upgrades to the suburban which will require tunes. I’m only basing my info off bang for the buck. If I send Blackbear 3 ecms, the cost will be from what I heard, 300$ each which puts me at 900$. Where as the hp tuners, I can buy for 650$ then turn on the fan option myself. As well as do the tune if I locate a dyno.. please correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t mean to sound ignorant. I just want to make the right decision here. All info if greatly appreciated. Blackbear has an outstanding reputation and I’m not by any means discrediting them.. @BlackBearPerf any input?
Hello Nick, a single item tune to enable the fans would be $125. Our Traditional Tune, which would be a full tune with the fans enabled within the tune is $255. So I if I understand what you are looking for, you can just do a single item tune for fans, on the 2 vehicles, and full tune with fans for the Suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts