Help me pick my Wheel/Tire Stance!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little closer look of the Fierce's, sticking out over 2" past the flares.
Pretty much dead even with the flares in the front - I did have to trim back the plastic on the inner fenderwell. I also pinched the seams behind the plastic, and bent them over with a 3lb sledgehammer. also bent back part of the body mount on the driver's side, the cable for my E-brake was in the way, had to move it over a bit.

2016-07-06 20.11.59.jpg

Last edited:

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving enough to deplete one tank of gas... I covered 363 miles, on 28.5 gallons of gas. Just under 13mpg. I'd actually accept the roughly 1mpg penalty for having 35's vs having 33's.

Except....

Ride is a LOT rougher having these on. They are worn, previous owner had a ball ball joint, so they are choppy. Feels like I'm riding on a John Deere tractor at anything under 45mph. Once I get up over 45, they even out, and hum along. And by hum, I mean HUM. So loud that I have to roll my windows up to hear any calls over my Bluetooth radio.

And, even though I've cut back the plastic fender liners, they still rub when in reverse when even slightly turned.

Going back to the 285 Kelly Safari ATR's until they are worn out. Then, I've got a decision to make:

http://www.tires-easy.com/305-70-16/falken-tires/wildpeak-a-t-02/tirecode/28-460-641

http://www.tires-easy.com/285-75-16/milestar-tires/patagonia-mt/tirecode/22789015

http://www.tires-easy.com/305-70-16/milestar-tires/patagonia-mt/tirecode/22800003

I'm leaning towards the Milestar MT's in the 305/70/16 - dunno of any other place where I can get any mudder in that size for $185 shipped to my door. Mavis has General Grabber AT2's for just under $200 with tax, and even though they aren't a "mud" tire, they do quite well (have them in 285's on my Wrangler). http://www.mavistire.com/tire-brands/item.asp?id=7863&frb=B

Last edited:

Chano Garcia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
305/55-20 20x9 +0 offset. 02 LT with Autoride deleted and the rcx kit.

View attachment 172367
View attachment 172368

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Did you buy a non Autoride kit since you deleted Autoride? I want to delete Autoride as well just unsure if the kit for non Autoride will fit everything right? 6 inch rc lift. Just don’t see spending another 1000 for one that is “made for Autoride” if I’m deleting it.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you buy a non Autoride kit since you deleted Autoride? I want to delete Autoride as well just unsure if the kit for non Autoride will fit everything right? 6 inch rc lift. Just don’t see spending another 1000 for one that is “made for Autoride” if I’m deleting it.
Didn't buy a autoride kit. Used shocks from rough country level/lift kit, and removed the rtd fuse. Threw the compressor in the garbage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chano Garcia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Didn't buy a autoride kit. Used shocks from rough country level/lift kit, and removed the rtd fuse. Threw the compressor in the garbage.

So if I buy a 6 inch rc lift non Autoride everything should fit fine? Weren’t sure if springs were different on the ends or anything.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I buy a 6 inch rc lift non Autoride everything should fit fine? Weren’t sure if springs were different on the ends or anything.
The coils are slightly different. Have a softer rate and are slightly shorter. But i never replaced coils on that one.

Chano Garcia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The coils are slightly different. Have a softer rate and are slightly shorter. But i never replaced coils on that one.

But as to fit like where they mount should be the same? You can’t use stock coils with six inch lift can you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts