Help me identify this sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedillaP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an 07 Yukon with the 6.2. I've had an oil leak I've been watching since 50k and now i'm at almost 130. The other day I had the wheel well liner out and looked at the block and saw an area I suspected could be the cause of the my oil leak. My initial reaction was to ask the parts store for a an oil sending unit and i'll swap it out and hopefully solve my issue.

Long story short all parts stores have a oil sending unit that is located higher on the motor and all seem to think this is the oil level sensor. It's not the same part the stores or even the dealer have in stock. It's location is passenger side, right in front of the starter and oil dipstick tube.

Any help is appreciated..Yukonsensor.jpg

OP
OP
R

RedillaP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked up that sensor, and from what i see i dont think they are the same. However, i'm a novice but still stumped as to what it may be.

camsensor.JPG

OP
OP
R

RedillaP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The cam sensor circled below is kinda above the starter (removed in photo) this other sensor is a bit more forward to the front, shown below with an arrow.
camsensor2.JPG

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an 07 Yukon with the 6.2. I've had an oil leak I've been watching since 50k and now i'm at almost 130. The other day I had the wheel well liner out and looked at the block and saw an area I suspected could be the cause of the my oil leak. My initial reaction was to ask the parts store for a an oil sending unit and i'll swap it out and hopefully solve my issue.

Long story short all parts stores have a oil sending unit that is located higher on the motor and all seem to think this is the oil level sensor. It's not the same part the stores or even the dealer have in stock. It's location is passenger side, right in front of the starter and oil dipstick tube.

Any help is appreciated..View attachment 181099

if I was to guess the leak is coming from the valve cover gaskets.

OP
OP
R

RedillaP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think it's a "Knock Sensor"? Anyone confirm? Is it possible for this to leak oil?

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a knock sensor.
s8811_primary.jpg
No o-ring or gasket...so I don't think there's an oil passage behind it.
Judging by how the oil is collecting, I'd say your pan, front cover, or front crank seal is leaking and the fans are blowing it all over the place.