Help identify part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laprodigy001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello

I need help identifying a part under my 98 gmc yukon 4x4 5.7l . the part is underneath the truck around the backseat area. Its a bar that connects the right and left sides of the frame together. Mine seems to have lost a bushing. Can anyone tell me what the part is called so j can replace the bushing.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this bushing under the tranny tail where the "cross member" is? that would be a tranny mount, with out it the tranny can bounce up and down and make some fun sounds. unbolt the old one, then with a jack lift the tranny up just enough to replace it.

OP
OP
laprodigy001

laprodigy001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is pic. It makes a clanking noise when I go over a bump. So when I looked at it I notices the one side all the way to the right where the flash seems to be brightest at is missing a bushing and I can shake it making that clanking sound. Do you know what this part is called? And if they just sell the bushings for them.a03c887dd0f3a16d0229a4781c93494e.jpg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like the torsion bar mount. it got a long bar to the front lca's?

OP
OP
laprodigy001

laprodigy001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
transmission cross member, dealer might have it maybe, you could try rockauto also
What does this part actually do. Is it something I need fixed asap or could it wait?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daniel, go by your local parts store, they will tell you what it is and may have the bushing you need, good luck.
David g............:)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is probably not a immediate need, mostly it is designed to prevent noise and allows for movement of the frame, your best bet is probably going to be the junkyard for a direct replacement, but you might get lucky and find something at the auto parts store in the "help" section that would fit and work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt