Help fixing separating armrest in 2001 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried jb weld once, didn't work for crap, but what the guy said above the gorilla glue will also dry hard (not nearly as quickly as hot glue will) so be sure to use something to make the edges smooth, I am assuming this is just to prevent the edges from lifting up anyway so it really shouldn't matter, I am thinking maybe use something to cover the edges that gorilla glue wont stick too so you can just peel it off afterwards but I don't know of anything it wont bond to so you might do some research online for that first

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue on my 2004 Tahoe on front passenger door.

My idea is to use a high temp adhesive to reattach the armrest. I just need to figure out a way to hold it in place while it cures. Maybe tape???

Pull door panel and remove armrest. Way easier to work with, you might also be able to stretch the leather enough and staple it to the plastic under

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the staple idea, tuck and staple sounds about right, there is those hot staples they use to repair the cracked dash's that maybe a solution also.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another option is to check with a upholstery repair shop, I don't know how those guys do it but they do miracles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan